Friday, June 1, 2007

Shrek 3 ... It's just OK ...


So Yeah, we saw it last night, and yeah, it is just OK.
It's definitely cute, but it ultimately doesn't stand up to Shrek 2, which I thought was a great film.
The characters thinly written, and the acting is a little flat. Most disappointing to me was Mike Meyers himself. Totally phoned in, I was expecting him to lead this film, when instead he was the laziest of the bunch.
While the princesses were under used, at least it sounded like they were having fun. Justin Timberlake is a horrible voice talent, and he should stick to singing. Eric Idle was OK, but not great (come on he was in the original Transformers Movie). John Cleese (who dies in the very begining), Antonio Banderas, and Eddie Murphy totally steal every scene they are in. The movie is worth watching just for them.

Now I'm just waiting to see what Bay does to my precious Transformers.
[Sigh]
I'm just glad it's not another trilogy...

No comments:

Post a Comment