Tuesday, August 7, 2007

An Introduction to Linux Audio

I have to say, I've been personally happy using Windows the last couple years to record and edit, but I can't say I haven't been curious. Being OS Agnostic, I totally wouldn't mind getting into a little hawt Linux action from time to time.
"Linux has come a long way in the last 10 years. At that time, if you were looking through the main audio and music applications on other operating systems, you would have struggled to find comparable, fully developed, apps on Linux. Nowadays, while no one would say the job was done, they could point to an assortment of high-quality applications..."

Now if someone could also develop a distro that would run off of a pen drive like these portable apps, I would be in hawg-heaven. Imagine being able to go to any computer with an open USB port, punching in a drive, and BAM(!) instant audio workstation!

read more | digg story

No comments:

Post a Comment