Monday, August 13, 2007

Interview with Scott Brick: Audiobook Narrator

Kind of a fluff piece out of St. Louis Today, but a fun little read if you're at all curious about Audiobook production or narration. I've met Scott, and he's a really nice guy, and has the perfect voice to have a story read to you. I'd highly recommend any of the books he's read.
"Scott Brick and I met on my way to work one morning. I slid the first CD of "Mystic River" by Dennis Lehane into my player, and Brick started telling me the story. His voice accompanied me all week, reading the book with a style that
enhanced both the author's words and my listening experience.

With nearly 350 books narrated, 39 Earphones Awards and an Audie Award from Audio Publishers Association for "Dune: The Butlerian Jihad," Brick is a sought-after reader for a wide range of popular authors, including Tom Clancy, Clive Cussler, Nelson DeMille and Orson Scott Card. His characterizations and gift for dialects give him access to a wide range of literature. This year he was named Narrator of the Year by Publishers Weekly magazine.

Brick, 41, lives in Los Angeles. We chatted about his job by e-mail.

Q: Did your mom read to you when you were a boy? What does she think of your career?
"
Read the whole interview here!

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment