Saturday, March 17, 2007

Geeky Fun: VOCODING!


So I think we can all agree that the new centurions on BSG are much more menacing than the ones from the original Battlestar. Though, I really do wish they had voices.

[sigh]

Well lookee here, a whole webpage of free vocoder plugins to make your own robot voice dreams into reality! Now you can "BY YOUR COMMAND!" to your heart's content.

In all seriousness, I am a huge fan of 4ormulator, and still use it pretty regularly along with Vokator (not free) and the Computer Music Vocoder (have to buy a $15 magazine, but comes with samples and software, so not a bad deal).

Also I'm thinking of holding a series of audio editing/sound effects contests soon, and "robot voice" sounds like a fun one. I'll just have to dig up some prizes first...
voice over someaudioguy voice acting some audio guy recording plugin software editing sound effects

No comments:

Post a Comment