Friday, January 13, 2012

CES: The Scosche FreedomMIC Bluetooth Microphone for iPhone and iPad


 This is one of those gadgets I've been waiting for.

Small, discreet, and it connects to your iPhone or iPad over an established wireless protocol instead of some proprietary solution. The FreedomMIC looks like it could be the right solution for podcasters and vloggers trying to minimize the amount of gear they have to haul around.

Standard bluetooth range of about 30ft, and it records to a Scosche designed app available in the App Store. I wasn't able to try it out (since I was rocking Android and WP7), but I'll be curious to get my hands on one to see how it performs.

I'm really excited to see the number of companies developing audio gear for mobile devices. With cellphones shooting decent video, often the weak link is how awful the sound quality is using the dedicated microphone in most phones.

Babysteps, but products like this are a step in the right direction.

If you buy the Scosche FreedomMIC off of Amazon, you'll be supporting SomeAudioGuy

1 comment:

  1. have you seen this Tascam microphone for an iPhone?:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGZMIH_I2Ng
    Pretty cool. Not sure how it will be for vo but for music it seems great!

    ReplyDelete