Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fun ISDN Session at The Voicecaster (photo blog)

So even though most of my work comes from directing voice over casting and production sessions, I also do a bit of engineering on the side. ISDN sessions can be kind of dull, as once you've set everything up, you're pretty much just babysitting.

Well yesterday I had a really fun day of ISDN-ing. I got to work with a great bunch of actors for a series of radio spots.
First up I had the LEGENDARY Carlos Alazraqui (Reno 911, voice of the the Taco Bell dog and Rocko from 'Rocko's Modern Life). Not only is he a talented animation actor, but he crushed a dozen spots full of natural conversational announcer work. He's producing his own animated web series "Off the Curb" which looks like it'll be RIGHT up my alley.


Next up I had Larry Cedar, who happens to be a personal hero of mine. LONG before I was ever in this industry, I was a HUGE fan of Square One, which Larry was a part of. Most recently you might have seen him in the re-make of The Crazies. He's the one with the pitchfork...



And what session would be complete without a funny gal? Enter the lovely and witty Julie Wittner, who you can catch in the web show "Two Hot Girls in the Shower" starring opposite Kim Evey (producer of The Guild).

The session required her to eat cookies for sound effects. Thankfully she kept the mess of crumbs to a minimum...




Thanks for a great session guys!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a lot of fun! How great is it that you got to hang out with such fun people all day! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete