Thursday, June 24, 2010

SomeAudioGuy is teaching a workshop - The Microphone Master Class and Shootout

If you've read my blog at all, then you probably know I get really amped about performers properly educating themselves about the realities of our industry. I've written articles, guest directed at classes and workout groups, and now it's time to take the next step and teach my own workshop.

In examining my relationship with The Voicecaster casting company (which hosts some fantastic classes on commercial VO), I really wanted to look at where I could aid in the development of a voice over talent, and one area I'm often asked to shed a little light is on the microphone.


I'm proud to present to you, in conjunction with The Voicecaster in Burbank:
The Microphone Master Class and Shootout.


The purpose of this one day workshop will be to teach voice actors about the different types of mics currently employed in VO, why they work the way they do, and to get the talent in front of as many different mics as we can before we're all sick of hearing the sound of our own voices.

This four hour workshop will be hosted on Saturdays, and depending on demand, I hope to make it a monthly affair. Price per participant will be $250, and you will leave with samples of your recordings to compare at your leisure.

For more information regarding the workshop you can contact me directly at "SomeAudioGuy@gmail.com", and for scheduling and availability please contact The Voicecaster at 818-841-5300 or "Casting@voicecaster.com".

Hope you can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment