Saturday, April 5, 2008

This is the song that never ends - Beatles Edition

Just like my post about Spacehog, when I get stuck on a song, I REALLY get stuck on it. Obsessive! I'm burning up my ipod on one track right now...

The song du jour is 'You've Got to Hide Your Love Away' from the Beatles movie 'HELP!', and I'm kind of loving it.
I think it's a musical high point of theirs, in terms of simplicity, and is easily, hands down, my favorite Beatles song.

I love that it's not as literal as "Yesterday'.
I love that it's disgustingly vulnerable.
I love that John Lennon pops his p's on "people".
I love that the recording is SUPER raw. It's hissy, and simple. Listen to the song on headphones with your eyes closed. It sounds like there's a guitar ten feet to your left, a tambourine ten feet to your right, John Lennon is about 5 feet in front of you, and at the end a ninja with a flute has snuck up behind you to finish the song off with a solo.

It's gorgeous.

It's kinda sad to think that a song as sweet as this could NEVER be made today...

Help!
someaudioguy some audio guy music beatles voice over help voice acting demo voice casting film


No comments:

Post a Comment