Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Video: Audacity Tutorial - how to set up Audacity for MP3 exporting

The blog post TWO days in the making... LOL...

So first off I'm Some AUDIO Guy. I'd just like everyone to keep that in mind when you watch this. I really have no business editing video.

That being said, I've gotten a lot of questions from clients about how to setup recording software, and I tend to recommend Audacity. It's really easy to use, plays exactly the same way between Mac and PC (I don't know of many that do that), and the price is right (free).

The only down side is it can be a little tricky to set up, but once it is, I think the software is solid.

This video is a step by step, from beginning to end, tutorial that covers everything from downloading the software to setting up MP3 exporting, all with a focus on what us VO people need to accomplish. If you're interested in setting up some software to keep yourself in shape, or to start recording auditions, I think this will help.

I'm including two different versions a high and low quality. The low obviously loads faster, but the high quality version is downloadable HERE.

Revver (Low Quality):


DivShare (Download High Quality version):


As always, I'd love to hear feedback, and suggestions for future tutorials.

For those looking for something a little more advanced, you can check out this previous vid I made of cleaning audio in Audactiy.

Thanks for watching!

***EDIT***

Ok having looked at the DivShare streaming version, it's only marginally better than the Revver version (really just sounds better), but I promise if you go to the DivShare page here, and download the original, you can actually read all of the text on my screen.

Sorry folks, I'm still figuring all this screen capture stuff out.

heh-heh...
some audio guy someaudioguy voice over recording auditioning actors business software setup how to help audacity voice acting

No comments:

Post a Comment