Thursday, November 8, 2007

I'm not sold on the MBox2 Micro...

Future Music (my favorite "DVD-stuck-to-the-outside-of-the-magazine-with-sticky-goop" magazine) has the scoop on the new MBox2 Micro, just announced by Digidesign.


It's small.
It's sexy.
I just don't get what it's for.


Near as I can tell it's a thumb drive with Protools software and a headphone jack. There are no inputs, so you can't record into it, and at $279 it's just $20 less then the MBox2 Mini or the M-Audio Firewire 410 (what I use).



I mean even the MicPortPro, at HALF the price, has an XLR port with phantom power and a dedicated headphone jack, and it's not much bigger than the micro.


It just doesn't come with ProTools...


Here's FutureMusic's write up, and here's Digidesign's announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment