Saturday, May 5, 2007

Spidey 3...


So we just go back from it.

It's ok. I can't say I loved it, but if you haven't seen it yet, it is worth a matinee. I wont bore you with a review. There are plenty of those out there.

As this is a blog about sound, I guess I should talk about that.

The sound was good was good, but I can't say I loved it.

Really everything kinda felt generic or sloppy. Sandman was nothing special, just 'sand sifting' sounds. Music and explosions were cool, but I have to say when it came to Venom I was SEVERELY disappointed. Topher is cool and all, but he's just NOT dark enough ... AT ALL. Venom as a character is the melding of the symbiote AND Eddie, two identities working together. They refer to themselves as a 'they' or 'we'. Do they use that for any cool effect? Nope. They tweak his voice, but it's barely noticeable.

I hate to say it, but the voice from the cartoon was MUCH better. Chorusing, pitch shifting, a little reverb and flange to spice it up, made for a great "dual consciousness" kinda sound.
Topher needed a little help there.

So yeah, again it was OK.

But I can't say I loved it...

No comments:

Post a Comment