Thursday, May 3, 2007

Doctor Who Rules!

So Mrs. AudioGuy and I just finished season two of Dr. Who, and man is it a great show. I sobbed like a little girl for the K-9 episode.
One of the fun things about this revival for me though is seeing the show maintain it's tongue in cheek roots, while also modernizing. Seeing the updates to the Daleks and Cybermen has been really interesting, and of course after every episode I try to make myself sound like one of the villains.

I've gotten pretty good at cybermen. Pitch drop, EQ, Flange, and smooth it out. Bam! Cyberman! I'm actually having a spot of trouble with the Daleks. I know there is some upper end EQ, and some ring modulation, but I can't figure out the doses. Also there might just be more performance involved too. Cybermen are pretty flat.

I'm thinking about holding a contest for best monster/sci-fi/etc editing here on this blog. Just always been one of my favorite things to do, and it seems like it would be a lot of fun.

So for you Doctor Who fans, here's a great older article about the shows sounds, and here's a link to a page full of awesome sounds (I use quite a few on my 6700, good times).

Have fun!
someaudioguy some audio guy sound design demo production sound effects scifi software recording

No comments:

Post a Comment