Tuesday, March 13, 2007

But is it REALLY Better?

Idolator.com has had a lot of fun posting about the will-they-or-wont-they EVER really release an album hijinks of Guns and Roses. I've been following passively for a while, with an above belly button lint level of interest. I figured after this much time GnR must really have something good ready to go soon. Either that, or it will be awesomely bad on a historic level. Unable to quench my curiosity any longer, I finally dug up a youtube clip of a leak of their song 'Better', and listened all the way through.

Now, I'm going to go way out on a limb here, with a revelation that might shock you:

It's just ok.

That's it. It's decently written, decently mixed (maybe a tad over-produced, but it is Axl we're talking about here), a little self indulgent, and ultimately pretty forgettable. That's it. That's what we've (sort of but not really) been waiting for.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, and it's sublime genius on a level far beyond me...but I doubt it.

Tell me if I'm wrong (ignore the shite video, it was the best sounding audio I could find):


guns n roses, axl rose, music, rock, metal, chinese democracy, better, music video, youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment