Thursday, January 26, 2012

SomeAudioGuy VO Mailbag - What Should I Put on My Voice Over Demo?

I've gotten this question quite a few times here on the blog and in person. It's a very easy question to ask which is actually quite difficult to answer. Here's my general take on demos.


As always, if this video helped you, you can always buy me a cup of coffee (left side of this blog page has a handy little button for leaving a donation), or if you're about to do a little shopping, clicking on the Amazon links to the left before shopping will help support this site at no additional cost to you!

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this video. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it Dan. Thanks for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff! I end up wondering how far out to go on demos, keeping within the type of samples. E.g. for a commercial demo I was warned against including accented work or using foreign language - that it should be another demo. It feels weird to make a demo just of non-mainstream American English commercial samples, but do you think that would be more effective?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do actually.
      Having a short sample of an accent which is truthfully you on your "regular demo" would be fine, but if i hear a bunch of accents it'll sound like a character demo to me.

      Delete