Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Free Prompter/Autocue Web App - Cueprompter

Hey all!
If you're anything like me, you probably watch a LOT of web content and public access TV. And, if you're anything like me, you probably think to yourself "I could so totally do that", before padding off to the kitchen for another diet Dr. Pepper.

If you would like to start hosting your own web show or just would like the practice, head on over to http://cueprompter.com/ where you'll find a free web teleprompting service. Perfect for helping you bone up on your reading skills.

It runs in a browser, and has variable speed control. There is a text limit to how much can be fed through, but it is quite large, like chapter of a book large. It says the service works best with Internet Explorer, but between IE7 and Firefox 2, it seemed FF was more stable for me. I did have one bug, that no matter what browser I used, I couldn't get the "Mirror" function to work. I guess this means I'll never be able to use this app professionally, but then again, why would I.

It was really just a lot of fun to turn on the webcam and watch how much I move my eyes around while reading. This is good as I really needed something else to be selfconscious about!

A little practice and I might be ready to take on Diggnation,TRS, WallStrip, RocketBoom, Tekzilla, and the West Hollywood Channel 10 Community access local news!

http://cueprompter.com/


I should SO start my own show....

No comments:

Post a Comment