Sunday, November 11, 2007

WOW! Crazy Craigslist slam on Oracle Post

Mrs. Audio Guy was surfing around on Craigslist, and stumbled on this:

GREAT AUDIO ENGINEER INTERNSHIP (WITH POSSIBLE FUTURE POSITION)

To Jimmy and Paulette Lifton,

Well, I finally got a job as an engineer with a starting pay of $16.00/hr and excellent benefits at a successful postproduction studio that works on high budget feature films. I just wanted to thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn at your facility. The most important thing that I learned is that your facility is the most unprofessional, immoral, poorly run business that I have ever worked at or been involved with in my entire life. I believe from prior experience with successful businesses that in a perfect work environment all of the employees try to make each other look better, all of the employees make enough money to live on, all of the employees are paid overtime for motivation (and because it’s a California state law!) and all of the employees have the capital to create the best product for the client. At Oracle Post none of these simple ideas and laws are even remotely put in to play.

And it goes on from there. Whoa damn does it keep going...

I can appreciate being pissed, or frustrated (hell I've worked some less-than-ideal gigs), but I'm just not sure what this would really accomplish. People talk in this town, but no one really cares if you're trying to shame someone.

Anywho give it a read. If you've ever had to start at the bottom, it's almost ... nostalgic?

Craigslist RANT!

1 comment:

  1. I worked for Oracle for over 7 years and it's a great place to work. Funny what people say when they get fired. Hmmmm. Oh, and by the way, interns don't normally get paid.

    ReplyDelete