Sunday, October 21, 2007

Here We GO! WGA Authorizes Strike

I really hope WGA doesn't strike...

The guild's vote shows a devastating majority support the strike.

I estimated about 80%, and of the 5500 members who voted, 90% voted for (on a quick tangent I find it interesting that, like elections only about half of those eligible to vote actually voted).

I appreciate the hard line tactics.
Previous contracts have hosed actors, writers, and directors for about two decades now. I hope this leads to actual talks at the table, some leverage, but I really think a strike will weaken our position. Push production to non-union (especially video games and "new media", it's just too easy).

We'll just have to see...

LA Times has a pretty good write up on the current situation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment