Saturday, August 25, 2007

Update to Unhelpful Robot: Now in .WAV!

Hey,
Got a couple request from people about putting U.R. in .wav files instead of mp3.
I left them in 16 bit, so the files are a little bigger, but should sound pretty good.

I'm trying to figure out which other formats I can convert into now (AMR, WTF), so if your phone doesn't support mp3 or wav, it might work with something else.

UNHELPFUL ROBOT IN MP3

UNHELPFUL ROBOT IN WAV

And if you are having trouble getting ringtones on your phone, ABOUT.com has a great primer on each of the major cellphone makers (Nokia, Motorola, etc) and how to get files transfered to them.

About.com Cellphone Primer


***Update 8/25/08***

Recently I've been using Ventones to get ringtones and alerts on my friends cellphones.
It's the first service I've found that plays well with most cell carriers (even Verizon Woot!), and it's pretty easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment