Sunday, March 18, 2007

Foley Artists do it FOR you ... (cuz your SFX suck)....

Stumbled on this live journal of 'ActionJack' talking about being a foley artist, and I was kinda thrown back to banging pots and pans in a closet. I had a lot of fun doing that.

I decided I would get this sound by swinging a microphone downward (with a heavy-duty windscreen) multiple times and then combining them all.

Heh-heh, My favorite trick was to throw an old crappy mic into a glass jar, tape it shut, and chuck it out the window or hit it with a hammer...
someaudioguy some audio guy youtube voice over foley sound design sound effects mixing recording funny voice acting mockumentary

Just for good measure I'm making you watch this YouTube mockumentary if only for the coconuts around the 50 second mark.

Watch it!


voice over, foley, mixing, recording, sound design, mockumentary, youtube, funny

No comments:

Post a Comment