Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Another Post About how USELESS Labels Are!

So, if you haven't noticed by now, me and David Byrne are awesome.

Following up on my anti - RIAA mega post from yesterday, StrangeGlue.com examines the feasibility of self releasing an album.

With the falling costs of recording studios - some going for as little as £10-£15 an hour - the advent of digital downloads, distribution companies such as www.cdbaby.com and www.interpunk.com plus with the use of the internet as a promotion tool it is not only feasible to self-release, it’s a reality.A word of caution though, this route takes endurance, patience, and talent. You won’t have the fancy P.R. to sell your stuff, just old-fashioned creativity.


What can I say, I just plain agree...

someaudioguy some audio guy riaa voice over music voice acting record labels albums online retail

2 comments:

  1. This is a good post, i'm just about to launch my album after using CDBaby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like CDBaby. I haven't done a lot of research, but they seem to offer the most service for the most reasonable price.
    A co-worker of mine also works with Stone Mecca (on the Afro Samurai soundtrack), and she said they might be using CDBaby for their first album.

    ReplyDelete