Friday, January 26, 2007

Free Geek Squad I Am NOT!

Heh-heh, went a little Yoda on the subject line there...geeky... It seems everytime a client finds out I'm pretty decent at "tech stuff" I start getting hit up for advice. That then gets turned into asking for help with just a little issues, and eventually full blown tech support...for free. Because, well, obviously since I'm into it, I MUST want to help them with their issues. Quite a few get a little pissy when I inform them that this is something I charge for. It would be like me going up to one of them and saying "Hey you're pretty good at this pretending/acting stuff. I wrote this play in high school, and I'm putting it up at a community theater, and I just figured you'd be in it... no no.... for free..."
some audio guy someaudioguy geeksquad technology support rant

No comments:

Post a Comment